Friday (Saturday) Update #03 - 13/10/18

The lack of Friday Updates in the past couple of weeks has nothing to do with going off the idea, or tiring of doing them. On both occasions I partly forgot, likely because of the amount that was on my mind in the run up to the OGR. For the same reasons, it may turn out that I don't do an update every Friday, but it's still a useful format to discuss my general progress, so for now I'm keeping it going.

Contexts and film reviews have been top priority these last few days since I got behind on them in the run up to the OGR. I'm fairly pleased with my last couple of presentations, and I've almost caught up on the reviews, but might need keep the main priority of Invisible Cities in mind in the next few days.

Toolkit has been going particularly well recently; I'm really connecting with and enjoying Maya because it for now it all feels quite familiar having used Autodesk AutoCad and other similar editors a fair amount in the past. It's still early days, but I have a feeling that it's going to be where I feel most comfortable being creative in the future. I managed to rig my Lego truck last lesson, even including the articulation between the cabin and the trailer which I was quite proud of, but it was all a bit rushed and botched so I think I'll have another go at rigging it after next weeks Invisible Cities crit.

Speaking of which, I'm feeling fairly confident on hitting the main targets for the Invisible Cities Project. I've already started work on the research, and should be uploading influence maps and my own written interpretation of Bacucis in more detail later tonight, which will help guide my final paintings. Tomorrow I'll mostly be thumbnailing and visually brainstorming, and that should help fix the lack of thumbnails from the first half of the project. 

To be honest, my main concern at the moment is the other background work from the other modules that are also mentioned in the brief. As much as I want to spend lots of time on my paintings, I need to leave in time at the end to pull everything together into an Art Of, and complete the targets from other Modules.

Comments

Popular Posts