Friday Update #02 - 21/09/18

The course modules officially started this week, and somehow I can barely remember what happened five days ago. Not, of course, because the week wasn't interesting, rather it feels like every day we had something new to get our heads around, which honestly is not far from the truth. Several different aspects of the course started up in one week, all of which I honestly enjoyed to some level, which is a good sign.

I particularly liked the Film/'Dr Cal(i)gari' aspect (apart from the research element, that was hectic), and Maya, which as I expected I am finding fairly familiar (for now), thanks to previous experience with AutoCAD.

A promising start, but thumb-nailing has really been haunting me these past few days, as I spent quite a lot of time experimenting with digital painting trying to find a technique that I thought expressed my ideas properly, and I'm aware that I'm probably behind where I should be.

Although the OGR is still over a week away, I don't know what work next week will bring, so this weekend I need to try and get a good chunk of work done. If, by Monday, I'm almost or completely finished with thumb-nailing, I'll be satisfied with my pacing. If not, I'll need to take a look at how I can speed my thumb-nailing process up, and stop obsessing over individual thumbnails for so long.

Comments

Popular Posts