What if Metropolis; Orthograph 2

Second Orthograph;

I imagine this to be a cheap-ish diner. People might gather here for cheap food and alcohol in the late evening before heading out for a night clubbing. The windows are large bubbles of hardened glass which give the building a poka-dot style, whilst also looking just a little bit gross/uncanny (probably appropriate for a Bowery inspired building). 
People could probably step inside of these bubbles, and look over the night-time skyline with a cheap glass of champagne.


Underlying structure


It's worth noting that whilst this geometry looks complicated, it's only for demonstration purposes. I can probably simplify this shape a lot when I come to model the building, since much of it is covered up by the fiber-glass extensions.

Also, keeping track of the positions of all the windows from 3 different views was really difficult. I gave it my best shot, but the window positions are far from accurate. Luckily, since the positions of the windows are not integral to the buildings over-all shape, I can probably take a 'procedural' approach to placing them when I'm modelling.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts