Script to Screen Script FIRST DRAFT

A completely re-thought version of my story. I think that even if this particular format is too long, this story is much better suited to a short format, and can probably be made even more concise if need be.



The reason the girl could traverse the booby-traps is left un-explained for comedic effect, but for the sake of argument, perhaps her small size and light weight means that the booby-traps aren't set off by her as they would be by a fully armoured treasure-hunter, so she can walk right over them.

The Genie cannot refuse to grant a wish, however by entrusting the gauntlet to the Girl, it's likely to be used for far less evil purposes than it would be by the sorcerer. The Genie is able to grant the Gauntlet to the girl, because although the schematics are detailed they do not specify the exact size. As the Genie is allowed to interpret where information isn't specified, it's within reason for him to interpret the size to fit her, since she was the one to wish for it.

I struggled with how to resolve/end this story, but I quite like the resolution I came up with because it implies some comeuppance for the daughter character against her father, whom it's implied she would likely not live happily under. However, I felt like there was a better message to be told if it was implied the father would be forced to work with his daughter and treat her better/appease her in order to access and command the ultimate power he desired, yet I couldn't figure out how to fit this ending, and it might be best just to go for a compromise on that front.

For each sequence I have a fairly detailed understanding of what the shot structure/sounds might be. I started writing in a more detailed fashion (shown below), but I quickly realised that I was going too in-depth, and a lot of these details were more suited to be described through story-boarding.

Comments

  1. its a fun story,good luck with the storyboard. that's the most fun part when making a story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Casper, hope you're still doing well with your comics!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts